ACT For Shelter
Mohanji Home for Seniors
Elders, homeless, physically challenged or anyone neglected by the society, their comfort and care is our responsibility. People
must be respected irrespective of their condition and position. Ammucare provides a secure and caring environment with all the basic
amenities, food, clothing and medical assistance to the elderly, neglected & the under privileged, through Mohanji Home of Seniors in
Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu..The project was visualized in late 2018 as a way of providing a long-term safe space for the destitute elderly in an old age home that
has been supported by Ammucare for many years. Over the years, the efforts to procure land were completed towards the end of 2019.
The land was chosen carefully for its proximity and stunning views of the Arunachala mountain.
The foundation stone for the project was inaugurated by Dr P.K. Namboodiri on 29th Jan, 2020, in the presence of Snehajyothi Amma, TR Gopalakrishnan (late), Smt Sreedevi Namboodiri, as well as Mohanji and Mooji Baba. Due to Covid lockdowns, we were finally able to start construction work only in late 2020. Since then, progress has been rapid, against all odds, obstacles, and various Covid induced slowdowns. Activities at the Mohanji Home for Seniors have commenced from 1st September 2021. Construction work in the first floor has been completed and the 2nd floor is in progress.
Through Mohanji Home for Seniors, Ammucare also supports under-privileged people with daily utility items, food, clothing, medical care and other provisions through the Institutions that shelter them. Through the daily Annadaan seva, we reach 3000 people every month.
How we Serve?
- Food- Dry Ration, Spices
- Clothing- Beddings, Bed sheet, Pillow covers, Blankets, slippers, Bath Towels, Hand towels, Infrastructure- Furniture, cupboard, Almirah
- Medical Support- Surgery Support, Medicines & Doctor Consultation
- Recreational Support - Carom board, chess board, badminton
- Misc. - Shoes, Sitting mats, Dettol, Detergent, Dish washing detergent, Utensils, Personal hygiene
- Host events to engage everyone in recreational activities.
- Everyone loves children. Bring children to play with them and share tales of fun.
- Corporate employees visit Health Camps.
- Story telling sessions
- Yoga sessions
- Music sessions,/lI
- Laughter therapies
- Counselling Sessions
- Stay and Serve