Food Beyond Species
Annadaan is Mahadaan. It is an unfathomably deep sacred act that connects you to your inner self.
Annadaan is a unique expression of gratitude & love towards all beings (humans, birds, animals, plants ) of
Mother Earth. Hunger is a universal phenomenon for all species. .To create this global connect and work towards
meeting the needs of the hungry, our main objective is ‘Food Beyond Species’. Compassionate serving of food
makes this whole act of Annadaan more worthwhile.
Act 4 Hunger is a global platform that assists us to facilitate food free from violence and man-made boundaries of caste, colour, creed, nationality or culture. Annadaan sevas are happening across India in collaboration with many Corporates, NGOs, individuals, schools etc. Ammucare has started regular kitchens at Badlapur, Ganeshpuri, Shirdi & Delhi. Under its ‘Livelihood Project’ in Delhi, Ammucare also has been serving freshly cooked meals to homeless, elderly, construction workers, rickshaw pullers, children etc. and fresh rotis to animals, while also ensuring stable income to the team cooking food from Leprosy colony.
How it Works?
- For People, sponsor as many meals as you like.
- Regular feeding of fodder and fruits, vegetables happens at Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre (Delhi) & People for Animal Centre (Gurgaon), Abandoned Cows shelter in Dhauli (Odisha), WAG (Goa).
- We are also feeding stray animals and supporting animal shelters in Jammu, Noida, Karnataka, Tamil nadu, Kerala, Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- In Kind- Contribute dry ration, water, buttermilk, sharbat as per the local needs of the areas where annadaan is planned. We only accept vegan food items.
- In Kind- For animals, we accept only seasonal fresh fruits, vegetables, fodder, Gud channa, Churi, and dry Pulses, Rice, Dalia.
- Corporate, Family Foundations, Educational Institutions can support Annadaan through CSR Grant, Payroll Giving
- Offer a portion of your turnover to support regular Annadaan events.
- Restaurants and families can offer dry food surplus or cooked food (in eatable condition) to our events
- Grocery & Retailer Stores contribute from unsold/ fresh stocks of dry rations ( which has min. 3 month shelf life)
- Media Sponsors to show case our regular events happening pan- India
- If you wish to host Annadaan in the memory of someone or any special occasions, please write to us ___ and make a contribution on ______
- Offer your Kitchen facilities for cooking food for about 500- 1000 people
- Support logistics and join us during Annadaan events to help us carry food to the locations such as slums, small towns.
- If you wish to host Annadaan in the memory of someone or on any special occasions, please write to us on HR@ammucare.org
- People are welcome to join us to be a part of Annadaan at the distribution locations or identify new locations for carrying out Annadaan drives.
- If ‘Video Making’ is your forte, please join us to cover the Annadaan event.
- Connect us with restaurants, hotels, small kitchens.